Friday, February 8, 2008
Let Me Ask You Something...
I found this questionnaire on another blog site... thought I'd fill it out and post it for lack of anything else more interesting.
1) Where did you begin 2007?
At home with John.
2) What was your status on Valentine’s Day?
Taken, and hanging on for dear life.
3) Were you in school anytime during the year?
No. But I learned more than I could have imagined.
4) How do you earn your money?
I wade through dingo shit for a living. Ocassionally I make an extra buck or two when I snow someone into thinking I'm an artist. If all else fails, I head down to the Port of Seattle and give blowjobs on the docks...
5) Did you have to go to the hospital?
Not for myself, but I spent much time there with John.
6) Did you have any encounters with the police?
Yes, they were cracking down on hardened criminals, and zapped me for not having my insurance card on me.
7) Where did you go on vacation?
Montana, Nevada and California
8) What did you purchase that was over $1000?
Nada! I spent it all traveling.
9) Did you know anybody who got married?
10) Did you know anyone who passed away?
11) Did you move anywhere?
I move all the time. Life is a fluid thang. Did I relocate? Nope - not yet.
12) How did you celebrate your birthday?
Went to Bill’s house, hung out, watched movies, relaxed, and enjoyed the company.
13) What concerts/shows did you go to?
Way back, last March, I went to see Fire On The Mountain. I’d gotten free tickets and took Vicki with me. Very good show, if you ever get the chance. Took my sister to see Into The Wild.
14) Are you registered to vote?
15) Where do you live now?
16) How did you spend your summer break?
What summer break?! I did drive to Sparks for the best birthday party in the world, in August.
17) What’s one thing you thought you’d never do but did in 2007?
Posted a personal ad
18) What was your favorite moment of 2007?
There are so many… the night-long conversation with John… meeting Krissy… seeing the eagle fly over my house... the moment Midnight chose me… sitting around the fire after the memorial for John… standing in the rain crying and hugging Timothy after everyone had left the memorial... driving Birddog down the highway… spending time with Nana’s family… sitting around the campfire at Trinity Lake, getting absolutely trashed and making everyone laugh with my stupid jokes... showing up at Timothy’s house for Christmas… watching Glenda take down that vicious clay armadillo... getting to know Bill… reading the first line of the note from David that read, “OK Smartass… I hear you!”…so many!
19) What’s something that you learned about yourself?
I’m not afraid of anything.
20) What was your worst month?
21) What music will you remember 2007 by?
Jason Mraz, Life is Wonderful; The Jayhawks, All the Right Reasons; Ingrid Michaelson, The Way I Am; anything by Joe Bonamassa; The Wallflowers, How Good It Can Get; Shawn Mullins, All in My Head... and a thousand others.
22) Who has been your best drinking buddy?
23) Made new friends?
Absolutely! I needed to. I needed people in my life who hadn’t been watching my process for the past year.
24) What was your best month?
August - that was when I realized what the freedom of an open road meant to me.
25) Overall, how would you rate 2007 out of 10?
10 - strange, but true. As rough as the year was, I learned and did more in one short year than I ever would have imagined.
26) Have any car accidents?
27) Did you have a New Year’s Resolution?
No - I don't believe in them.
28) Do anything embarrassing?
That’s kind of a daily occurance for me… but on my trip to California in September, I hit a blackbird and didn’t realize it was still stuck to the grill until I pulled into the gas station, and the attendant pulled it off and tossed it in the trash.
29) Buy anything from eBay?
30) Get married?
31) Get arrested?
Yeah, sure…*rolls eyes* (cue Ron White: “You did it… You got me... You caught the ‘Tater…”)
32) Did you get sick in 2007?
Not once. Managed to gimp up my left knee pretty good though.
33) Been snowboarding?
34) Were you happy to see 2007 go?
Definitely. I needed a new number in my head.
35) Where did you end 2007?
In Sparks, NV with my dear pal Tonto (aka Nana)!
Posted by Barb Black at 4:34:00 AM